Today, we would be sharing with you all that you need to know about the UK Standard Visitors Visa. You can come to the UK as a Standard Visitor for any of the following:
- For tourism, for example on a holiday or to see your family and friends
- For certain business activities, for example attending a meeting
- To do a short course of study
- To take part in research or an exchange programme as an academic
- For medical reasons, for example to receive private medical treatment
What You Can Do With a U.K Visitor’s Visa:
You can visit the UK to do certain activities, for example visiting friends and family or attending a conference.
What You Cannot:
- Do paid or unpaid work for a UK company
- Live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
- Claim public funds
- Do a course of study that lasts longer than 6 months
- Marry, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership. You’ll need a Marriage Visitor visa instead
When to Apply and How Long It Takes
If you need a visa, you must apply online before you come to the UK. As part of your application, you’ll need to book an appointment at a visa application centre to prove your identity and provide your documents. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
Getting a Decision
Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
How Long You Can Stay:
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months (£95 fee).
If You Need To Visit the UK Regularly,
You can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years if you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
The fee for a long-term Standard Visitor visa depends on its length:
- 2 years – £361
- 5 years – £655
- 10 years – £822
Give us a call today on 08034383061 to check your eligibility and to assist you with your application to visit the UK. As we manage each step of the process from advising, preparing, and submitting application, letting us help you with this process can give you the peace of mind on what can be a stressful experience.