STUDYING AND WORKING AS A HEALTHCARE WORKER IN CANADA FAQs
If you have been thinking of switching your career or considering moving to Canada, and you want to take advantage of the numerous opportunities available to work as a healthcare worker in Canada, then this guide is designed to explain you understand all that it entails.
Introduction to the Canadian Health Sector
Canada’s immigration system is designed to attract skilled workers, including healthcare professionals, to support the growth of its economy and address labor shortages in various sectors. Healthcare workers are highly sought-after in Canada, as the nation faces an aging population and increasing demand for healthcare services. As a healthcare worker, you have multiple options to explore when considering immigration to Canada.
What do I do to be qualified to work in Canada as a healthcare worker?
To be qualified and certified to work in Canada as a healthcare worker & as other skilled professional, you will need to undertake mandatory academic program and training by a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (Universities and Colleges).
Can I apply for the program without a background in healthcare or sciences?
Yes you can.!
You do not need to have a background in healthcare or sciences before applying for the program as what is needed is your determination to learn and your commitment to make positive impact in the lives of the patients that will be committed to you.
What are the admission requirements?
International applicants for the Canadian healthcare course are required to have the following:
- International passport
- O’Level result
- OND/HND/Bsc (Optional)
- Reference letters
- Personal statement
- Application fee
- Ability to pay the tuition fee
How long does it take to get an admission letter?
It takes between 2 to 6 weeks for the institution to issue your admission letter.
What is the duration and overview of the program?
It is a one-year program that is designed to provide you with the core knowledge, skills and abilities fundamental to working as a qualified healthcare worker in Canada. As a frontline care-provider, you will develop the ability to engage with persons and families of various ages and health-related needs to promote healthy living. You will learn how to assist clients with their daily personal care needs and household management. You will benefit from clinical field placements in healthcare settings, where you integrate theoretical principles into practice. After graduating, you will find employment as a HealthCare Worker / Personal Support Worker in a variety of settings such as:
- Private and Public Hospitals across Canada
- retirement homes
- community care centers
- long-term care facilities
- home care agencies
- private homes
What is the tuition fee for the program?
The tuition fee depends on the particular institution that we are applying to, but in general, the tuition fee ranges from $15,200 to $18,600 per year.
Can I pay my tuition fee after I get the visa or when I arrive in Canada?
No. it is not advisable you apply to institutions offering such option as doing this will lead to your visa application to be denied as the consular officer would see you as a candidate that only needs a means to run-away to Canada. So paying your tuition deposit only helps to strengthen your application for your visa to be approved.
How much is required as tuition fee deposit?
The deposit that you are required to be depends on the demands of the instituon, in general tuition deposits ranges from $1,500 CAD to $6,000 CAD. Do not worry about this as we will strive to help you get the best offer/deal when we start your application.
What are the options before me after completing the program?
- One, you are qualified for a post study visa when you graduate.
- Two, you can start working immediately as start earning on the average $36,075 per year or $18.50 per hour.
- Three, The program also provides you with the opportunity to further or transit into; Once you have completed this program, you will be eligible to apply for Practical / Registered Nursing program that qualifies to work as a licensed nurse in Canada
- Lastly, is the opportunity for you to secure a permanent residence status in Canada through programs like the Canadian experience class, Canada’s pilot program from healthcare workers, provincial nomination programs etc.
Seven reasons why you need to apply through Jakes Embassy Limited
- We are authorized and licensed partners of Canadian institutions
- We operate as a registered company with offices in Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
- We have over ten years verifiable track record of over 847 successful visa applications.
- Our consultants are experts in the area of visa application, and are competent.
- We do objective assessment of clients profile and come up with tailored solution that meets the immigration needs of each client
- We do not use fake documents neither do we give clients false hope of providing fraudulent documents that will lead to denial and ban.
If you are thinking of taking advantage of this opportunity, Click HERE
Are you thinking of moving to Canada and looking at the best way to get Permanent Residency or Visas as quickly as possible? You’ve come to the right place. Visit us HERE for Consultation
Our names are JAKES EMBASSY LIMITED