Visa applicants, who are eligible to select an occupation from STSOL, also have access to some occupations in MLTSSL. Therefore, both the (STSOL & MLTSSL have been merged to form a new Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations and thus, there is no separate STSOL list.)
There is an organised system in place to invite and allow the skilled migrants to come and work in Australia. The candidate seeking PR in Australia must first check and choose an occupation in one of the occupation lists of Australia based on the visa category they want to apply. Applicants must possess the skills and experience matching their nominated occupation.
Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) has taken the place of the earlier Skilled Occupation List (SOL). You have to nominate an occupation from MLTSSL if you are applying for the visa categories below:
- A Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- A Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)- Family nominated
- Or the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)– Graduate Work Stream.
Combined List of Eligible Occupations
There is a Combined List of Eligible Occupations that requires you to nominate an occupation in the list of eligible skilled occupations, if you are applying for any of the following visa categories:
- A Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- A Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- An Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186) – Direct Entry Stream
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Training visa (subclass 407)