UK Student Visa is required by international students who do not belong to the UK or European Union but want to study in the UK. There are different categories of UK student visas that depend on the applicant’s age, selected course of study or program, the duration of the program and the type of college or university selected for study.
1. Child Visitor Visa:
This visa allow students under the age of 17 years old or under and desire to take up a study course in the UK for duration of up to 6 months. The time duration for the course can be maximum of 12 months if the student accompanies an academic visitor.
2. Student Visitor Visa:
This visa allow international students under 18 years old or above who desire to take up a Course of study in the United Kingdom for duration of up to 6 months.
If the students wants to study purely English language courses, he/she must apply for an extended student visitor visa of up to 11 months.
3. Tier 4 Child Student Visa:
This visa allow international students who are between 4 years and 17 years of age and desire to take up a course of study in the United Kingdom for duration of more than 6 months. The course must be at an institution on the register of licensed sponsors. Furthermore, if the students is between 4 years and 15 years of age, he/she must be coming to the UK to be educated at an independent, fee-paying school.
4. Tier 4 General Student Visa:
This visa allow students who are above 16 years of age and want to take up course of study in the United Kingdom for a period of more than 6 months. Applicants must some eligibility criteria that is required to be met for obtaining this type of visa.
Requirements for UK Student Visa
To be qualified for UK Student Visa you will be asked to fulfill a few requirements and prove to the UK migration authorities a few things.
- You must attain the age 16 years or more
- You have to possess a valid passport
- You must have been offered a place on a course or program from a designated learning institute in the UK
- You must show that you have sufficient financial resources to pay for your program and support yourself during your stay in the UK
- You intend to leave the UK at the expiration of your program
- You must be able to read, write, speak and understand English language very well
Furthermore, to be qualified for the UK student visa you will need to prove your knowledge of the English language during application. This can be achieved by passing an approved English Language Test called IELTS.