The 7 Steps for Canadian Visa Application
To start the application for the Canada visitor visa, there are several forms and steps that you as the applicant must go through, as explained below:
- Confirm your eligibility for the Canadian visitor visa.
- Complete the documents and forms required for a visitor visa application.
- Pay the visa and biometrics fee online
- Submit the Canadian visitor visa application, according to IRCC guidelines.
- Go to the visa submission center for your biometrics
- Wait for processing and respond to additional requests for information, if any.
- Send your passport for visa stamping.
How long you can stay
Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.
If you don’t get a stamp in your passport,
You can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you can ask a border services officer for one. If you arrive at an airport that uses primary inspection kiosks, ask the border officer after you finish at the kiosk.
Thinking of Applying for a Canadian Visa?
At Jakes Embassy Limited, we have a dedicated Team of Visa Specialists that can assist you from the start of the application process all the way to obtaining your visa. You can start your application today by contacting, +2348083739304 or +44(0)777 4154 001